Friday, April 9, 2010

The Jewelry



The Jewelry is greatly significant at the beginning of the book. All of the officers demanded all of the Jewish peoples jewelry. Something I, and most people really don't understand is why? Why did the Jewish people just sit back and let this happen without any fight whatsoever. I think the symbolization that I got out of the Jewelry getting taken away is NOTHING. The Jewelry is only the very beginning of what is going to be taken away from the Jewish people. It only starts out with Jewelry and ends up with lives. My emotional expierience with this artifact is mainly angry and sad. They didn't do anything about it but also, because they didn't react. Because nothing is being done they will get taken advantaged of and to think of how much more I have to read about of what is still to come of what is going to be taken away also.


http://www.cynostar.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/jewelry.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I love what you said in your blog it was great =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason is why the Jewish people never fought back and tried to do something is because the German officers out numbered them by far. And I agree with you about the angry and sadness. It was horrible what happened to all the Jewish people. Their lives were tooken away from them. They were seperated from their families. They basically had nothing left. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely do not agree with the officer's. I believe that they should have consent from a higher power if they are going to take stuff and have probable cause to take it. I think you could have written a little more but still did a good job! keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete