Friday, April 23, 2010

"Struggle"

"STRUGGLE:"
To be coping with inability to perform well or to win; contend with difficulty. (dictionary.com)

1.

http://students.umf.maine.edu/~kornsl/holocaustwebquest/50701.jpg


2.

http://www.utexas.edu/features/archive/2005/graphics/holocaust5.jpg

3.

http://sherryx.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/holocaust00.jpg

4.

http://students.umf.maine.edu/~kornsl/holocaustwebquest/13132.jpg

5.

http://theriverreporter.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/judaism2.jpg

6.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/haiti/gfx/titlephoto2.jpg

7.

http://www.elmhurst.edu/~susanss/childlit2002/Schmidt/kids.jpeg


EXPLANATION:

1. I chose this picture to represent struggle mainly because of the man on the far right. You can tell that he is in a concentration camp and obviously injured with a cane. Mostly all people in the concentration camps struggled with no such injury. But this man still has to do everything everyone else does but struggles even more just to stay on his two feet.

2. This picture I think shows struggle in some ways because, all of these people in the picture are working. They don't get much food nor do they get much water but they are in the hot sun working for close to 12 hours a day. The way people are today is they need a good amount of food and drink to have energy for the day.

3. This little boy you can tell, struggles from having little or not any food at all. He looks like he is about 4 or 5 and looks to be the weight of a 2 year old baby. that's just inhumane.

4. A big struggle that Myself and anyone you talk to can say that Losing a family member, a friend, let alone just knowing of someone who dies. Is hard to deal with. Thousands of people each day in the concentration camp struggled from losses that they witnessed every day.

5. The religion was one of the harder struggles for a lot of the jews because a lot of them were questioning if they even still believe in their god or if there is even a god anymore. And ecspecially for the older jews because they've followed the jewish god for so long and to question if its been a lie all along would be hard.

6. A struggle from today I would definatly have to say Haiti. It was a complete tragedy with deaths and loss of homes and clothes and food. They were left with nothing. And what a huge struggle to have to start from scratch all over again.

7. One struggle from the book ,"Night", that I think would be terribly hard is children being seperated from their families. I know that when I was younger I never left my mom or dads side, and even now I wouldn't be able to handle it. All of the children were seperated from their moms and dads and siblings with no choice at all. At that age kids don't know how to think for themselves it would be very very difficult.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing visual essay, it was great. The pictures that you chose were perfect, they do a great job describing and going into detail about struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Meghan! Well done, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete